- Medical Officer
- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Medical Officer
A sessional / contract vacancy exists for a Medical consultant at the Entabeni Acute Rehabilitation Unit in Durban, reporting to the Rehabilitation Practice Manager. The overall purpose of these challenging position is to provide clinical services at the rehabilitation unit. Life Entabeni Rehabilitation unit, is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life HealthCare.
- Critical Outputs
- Carry responsibility for the clinical assessment and daily management of patients admitted to the unit.
- Specialist consultations services for other medical officers in the unit
- Assist with the marketing of the business and the positioning of the unit in the provision of this challenging service.
- Create a unit culture which promotes business objectives, a performance / results orientation, customer focus and teamwork.
- Understand the private healthcare industry and relevant legislation, challenges and role players
- Disseminate best-practice evidence internally and externally via CPD activities, congresses and peer reviewed literature
- A MBBCH, registration with the HPCSA
- Specialist specialty is an advantage
- Own Malpractice registration cover is essential (for sessional position)
- Hospital based clinical experience in acute rehabilitation, neurology, orthopaedics and/or general medicine is a requirement
- Experience in leading a team of professionals and successfully providing clinical supervision to professionals will be an advantage
- Financial acumen as well as excellent interpersonal skills are important for the position.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Action orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Closing date
- Monday, November 30, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.