Marketing & Communications Coordinator
- Marketing & Communications
- Life Eugene Marais Hospital
- Marketing & Communications Coordinator
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Life Eugene Marais Hospital for a Marketing and Communications coordinator. This position reports to the hospital manager, Johan Joubert. The primary responsibility of the position is to deliver a marketing and communications service of uncompromising quality to all of the hospital’s key stakeholders.
- Critical Outputs
- Develop a strategy and plan with hospital manager in order to build sound, productive working relationships with key stakeholders i.e. general practitioners and specialists, media and the community.
- Generate statistics and reports from available hospital information in order to analyse referral patterns and build a knowledge base to inform strategies and plans.
- Assist the hospital manager with recruitment and marketing of specialists to general practitioners and community in order to grow referrals.
- Support hospital management in the development of a marketing and communication strategy and plan (aligned to the hospital business plan) aimed at key stakeholders in order to drive growth for the hospital.
- Develop and implement of marketing and communications initiatives aimed at stakeholders including patients, potential patients and the local community at large.
- Provide marketing and communications support to internal hospital stakeholders as well as corporate marketing and communications department.
- Provide input into the marketing and communication budget and execute the function creatively within the prescribed budget.
- Develop informative, brand compliant brochures, information leaflets and other branded marketing material to support marketing and communications initiatives in line with set brand standards.
- Ensure that brand and corporate identity standards, policies and procedures regarding marketing and communication are adhered to throughout the hospital.
- Execute media liaison outputs according to set corporate policy and guidelines.
- A tertiary Marketing, Public Relations or Communication degree with two years’ experience
- Furthermore, excellent interpersonal skills are critical, as productive relationships with stakeholders are important. Other competencies required are technical skill for marketing and communications outputs, attention to detail, excellent time management skills, the ability to work in a pressured and changing environment and computer literacy (Word, Power Point and advanced Excel e.g. pivot tables)
- Ability to compile and process relevant marketing research information
- Hospital experience in a marketing / communication role will be advantageous.
- External candidates will be considered (Please note that candidates could be asked to complete a skills test)
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Engaging diversity
- Motivating and developing people
- Drive and energy
- Influencing (negotiations)
- Ethical behaviour
- Business insight
- Building relationships, networking, customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Problem Solving /Analysis
- Presentation verbal and written communication
- Excellence orientation (concern for high quality work and compliance)
- Closing date
- Friday, June 29, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.