Marketing & Communications Co-ordinator
- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Marketing & Communications Co-ordinator
A vacancy exists for a Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator, based at Life Entabeni Hospital, reporting to the Hospital Manager. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible to deliver marketing and communications support to Life Entabeni and Life St Joseph’s hospitals key stakeholders.
- Critical Outputs
- Build sound, productive working relationships with key stakeholders i.e. general practitioners and specialists, media and the community.
- Generate statistics and reports from available hospital information in order to analyse referral patterns and build a knowledge base to inform strategies and plans.
- Recruitment and marketing of specialists to general practitioners and community in order to grow referrals.
- Develop and implement marketing and communications strategies and plans (aligned to the hospital business plan) aimed at key stakeholders in order to drive growth for the hospital.
- Develop and implement marketing and communications initiatives aimed at stakeholders including patients, potential patients and the local community at large.
- Provide marketing and communications support to internal hospital stakeholders as well as national marketing and communications department.
- Provide input into the marketing and communication budget and manage the function creatively within the prescribed budget.
- Develop informative, brand compliant marketing collateral (i.e. brochures, information leaflets and other branded marketing material) to support marketing and communications initiatives.
- Ensure that brand and corporate identity standards, policies and procedures regarding marketing and communication are adhered to throughout the hospital.
- Manage media relations according to set corporate policy and guidelines.
- Assist with enhancing the service to patients and clients from a communication / marketing point of view.
- Be an agent of change and be able to communicate well, on behalf of management, with all major stakeholders.
- A tertiary marketing, public relations or communication qualification as well as proven management ability
- Minimum of three years’ hospital experience will be advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal skills are critical
- Analytical thinking
- Strategy delivery
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to work in a pressured and changing environment
- Computer literacy (Word, Power Point and advanced Excel e.g. pivot tables)
- Must be able to work independently and use initiative to achieve set objectives.
- Ability to process, analyse and interpret relevant statistics
- A proven track record in copywriting will be advantageous.
- Closing date
- Thursday, August 11, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.