- Life East London Private Hospital
- Maintenance Planner
A vacancy has arisen for a Maintenance Planner for Life East London Private, the Renal unit and Life St James Hospitals reporting to the Engineering Manager. This job exists to ensure well maintained assets and work force productivity by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of workforce, parts and equipment access.
- Critical Outputs
- Assist the Engineering Maintenance personnel balance their need for daily output with their need for equipment reliability and a well maintained facility through proactive maintenance.
- Effectively plan, schedule, and coordinate all plannable maintenance work performed within the facility.
- Ensure that all internal beneficiaries of Maintenance receive timely, efficient and quality service.
- Ensure plant and equipment reliability though sound preventative maintenance and planning.
- Provide a central source of information concerning maintenance work, equipment, and equipment repair.
- Provide special tool and equipment requirements.
- Reduce total cost of maintenance while improving conditions of equipment and operating facilities.
- Effectively arrange and administrate resources to execute day-to-day corrective maintenance reported to the department with the goal being to minimize backlog.
- Effectively manage and advise the Engineering Manager of the timing of execution of scheduled legal maintenance to completely avoid backlog.
- Collaborate effectively with the maintenance personnel to anticipate repair work before jobs become emergencies.
- Assist the maintenance team with “Root Cause Analysis” of equipment failures and proper documentation of such incidents.
- Regularly assess quality of maintenance planning, recording and archiving in line with ISO quality standards.
- Liaise and maintain a positive and favorable working and professional relationship with all relevant suppliers and service providers.
- At least N4 qualification with Trade Test certificate in either Mechanical or Electrical (Heavy Current) engineering with a minimum of 3 years in operations or engineering maintenance.
- Practical experience in a hospital environment or similar environment is essential.
- Computer literacy and experience on a CMMS preferably SAP PM would be an added advantage
- Drive and energy
- Ethical behavior
- Attention to detail
- Closing date
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.