- Life St Dominic's Hospital
- Maintenance Planner
A vacancy exists for a Maintenance Planner at Life St Dominic’s Hospital, reporting to the Engineering Manager.
The incumbent will be responsible for the planning & management of all maintenance tasks; manage & coordinate all routine services and emergency breakdowns; procurement of maintenance related spares & materials via WINGS; manage the EAM/ONKEY System; manage all contractors’ access on site and carry out all secretarial and administrative duties of the Maintenance Department. This job requires a well organised, enthusiastic individual with good interpersonal skills and communication ability. The ability to work in a demanding environment, accuracy and attention to detail is crucial.
- Critical Outputs
- Provide full secretarial support to the Operations engineering department, which entails typing of all relevant correspondence and statistics, message taking, diary management and setting up meetings as well as accurate minute taking.
- Maintenance of a sound filing system of Operations engineering and service departments documents.
- Excellent telephonic and communication skills, planning & organising skills.
- Be involved in SHEQ procedures. (OSH Act) and will be nominated/appointed as SHEQ Representative for the Engineering office and workshop.
- Capture and close all maintenance job cards on ONKEY weekly.
- Do daily stock & inventory control of material tools and equipment.
- Generate and process all requisitions on WINGS/SMART STREAM
- Capture daily all Engineering related invoices for payments
- Manage daily; weekly and monthly maintenance quality score card statistics and compile reports.
- To assist with the management of day to day operational maintenance issues, Ad hoc projects and tasks.
- To assist the Services Manager with projects e.g.: quotes, processing of invoices etc.
- To assist with planning, placing orders and close outs of the ON Key year planner services
- To assist with the management of contractors on site.
- The candidate must have a good understanding of plant equipment.
- Prepared to do Standby duty.
- Grade 12 or N 3 – electrical heavy current qualification will be advantageous
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office ( Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- The ability to deal with confidential matters and interact professionally at all levels, both internally and externally
- This demanding job requires a well organised, energetic and enthusiastic individual who is willing to go the extra mile
- Good interpersonal skills and communication ability as well as good telephone manner is essential
- A valid type EB code driver’s license will be an advantage.
- Accuracy, speed and attention to detail is vital
- Knowledge of EAM/ONKEY would be an advantage
- Knowledge of operations engineering in the hospital environment would be an advantage
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Friday, October 26, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.