- Life Cosmos Hospital
- Maintenance Officer
A vacancy has arisen for a Maintenance Officer at Life Cosmos Hospital, reporting to the Maintenance Manager. The incumbent will be responsible to support the strategic objectives of the Hospital business plan through optimal management of all the Hospital maintenance responsibilities.
- Critical Outputs
- Responsible for all Maintenance related issues on a day to day basis.
- Responsible for all general maintenance enquiries relating to patients and Nursing staff.
- Provide line managers with relevant information as required.
- Be available for call outs and standby duties, when necessary.
- Any other related tasks as delegated by the Maintenance Manager and Hospital Manager within the Hospital and its surrounds.
- Maintain a comprehensive hospital maintenance management system
- Negotiate with service providers, consultants, contractors for equipment / system specifications, tariffs, etc.
- Electrical Engineering Diploma or Electrical Trade test with minimum 5years experience and N5 –N6 certificate with electrical / industrial engineering.
- Previous hospital maintenance management experience would be an advantage
- Matric essential
- Code 8 Drivers license and own transport
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organising skills
- Resilience and stress tolerance
- Strong customer orientation
- Willing to work flexi-hours as well as standby
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgments
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- 013 653 8045
- 086 206 4672
- Closing date
- Thursday, July 26, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.