Maintenance Officer – Mechanical Artisan
- Life Rosepark Hospital
- Maintenance Officer – Mechanical Artisan
A vacancy exists for a Mechanical Maintenance Officer at Life Rosepark Hospital, reporting to the Engineering Manager.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and performing maintenance operations required for the effective functioning of the hospital, including mechanical installations, air conditioning and refrigeration, plumbing, steam reticulation and structural improvements, etc
- Critical Outputs
- General mechanical repairs and installations to ensure operation and reliability of hospital equipment.
- Ensure operation and reliability of mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements.
- Maintain daily preventative maintenance on all medium and high risk equipment, e.g. medical gasses, vacuum pumps, medical air compressors, autoclaves, generators, etc.
- Attend to mechanical and hospital breakdowns and take remedial action.
- Ensure contractors working within the hospital plant and equipment adhere to Health and Safety rules.
- Maintain CMMS on all mechanical and facility related and general work orders.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating maintenance actions, irregularities, and continuing needs on mechanical plant and equipment.
- Maintain equipment parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level. Ensure that spares are ordered and received timeously.
- Conduct risk assessments prior to conducting any maintenance related work on plant and equipment.
- Ensure HVAC systems operates optimally and to need of the hospital areas.
- Maintain best operating and engineering practices by complying with procedures around safety, housekeeping and general engineering practices.
- Accurately read and translate technical diagrams and networks.
- Follow state and local building regulations based on applicable SANS standards, R158 and NBR to carryout inspections, installations and repairs.
- At least N5 qualification in Mechanical Engineering with a trade test certificate.
- At least 5 years engineering maintenance experience.
- Hospital environment experience is essential.
- Millwright training would be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Perform standby duties and call outs after hours for both Life Rosepark and Life Pasteur Hospitals.
- Able to work independently.
- Have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle to attend to standby duties
- Eager to learn new systems and to accept work challenges.
- Be familiar with all aspects of the Occupational Health & Safety Act 85 of 1993, ISO9001 Standards and OHSA Acts.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Verbal & written communication
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- 051 505 5519
- 086 646 7529
- Closing date
- Monday, July 4, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.