Maintenance Officer Artisan
- Life Rosepark Hospital
- Maintenance Officer Artisan
A vacancy exists for a Maintenance Officer (Electrician) at Life Rosepark Hospital, reporting to the Engineering Manager.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and performing maintenance operations required for the effective functioning of the hospital, including electrical and electronic installations, air conditioning and refrigeration, plumbing, steam reticulation and structural improvements, etc.
- Critical Outputs
- General electrical repairs and installations to ensure operation and reliability of electrical equipment
- General light industrial fitting, and knowledge of DB boards
- Building maintenance.
- Maintain daily preventative maintenance on all medium and high risk equipment, e.g. medical gasses, vacuum pumps, medical air compressors, autoclaves, generators, UPSs, Transformers, etc.
- Maintain CMMS on all electrical related and general work orders.
- Accurately read and translate electrical blueprints or technical diagrams and networks.
- Follow state and local building regulations based on SANS10142, R158 and NBR to carry out inspections, installations and repairs.
- Maintain and control electrical spares and storeroom or area adhering to company procedures around safety, housekeeping and general engineering best practices.
- Provide assistance and perform stand-by duties during emergencies by operating floodlights, generators, UPS, isolocks
- At least N5 qualification with trade test certificate in electrical (Heavy Current) with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in operations or engineering maintenance.
- Wireman’s license would be an added advantage.
- Practical in a hospital environment or similar environment is essential.
- Computer literacy and experience on a CMMS preferably SAP PM would be added advantage.
- Conversant in English and Afrikaans.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to complete tasks timeously and accurately.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Perform standby duties and call-outs after hours for both Life Rosepark and Pasteur hospitals
- Able to work independently.
- Have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle to attend to standby duties
- Eager to learn new systems and to accept work challenges.
- Be familiar with all aspects of the Occupational Health & Safety act 85 of 1993.
- Adhere to ISO9001 Standards and OHSA acts.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- 051 505 5507
- Closing date
- Monday, May 10, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.