- Life Dalview Hospital
- Maintenance Assistant
A vacancy has arisen for a Maintenance Assistant at Life Dalview Hospital, reporting to the Engineering Manager, Molefi Monnanyane. The successful candidate will be responsible for assistance in maintaining activities of electric and air conditioning systems, plumbing, structural improvements and general maintenance.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct all duties allocated by the maintenance manager, maintenance planner and maintenance officers.
- Experience in SAP plant maintenance job card system.
- Experience in electrical maintenance, faultfinding and repairs.
- Daily electrical inspections and checks on all electrical systems, UPS, generators, vacuum pumps, air compressors, air conditioning systems.
- TV reticulation and faultfinding in hospital TV systems.
- Hospital nurse call systems.
- General experience and knowledge in plumbing and water reticulation systems
- Stock and inventory control.
- To schedule routine maintenance of equipment
- Responsible for the restoration/repairs of buildings and equipment,
- Daily check lists.
- Excellent completion of daily job cards as well as feedback thereof is high priority.
- Assume responsibility in the absence of the maintenance officer.
- Be on standby for emergency maintenance requirements of the hospital.
- Grade 12 or N3.
- Own transport
- Hospital maintenance experience will be an advantage.
- Electrical, building, plumbing, carpentry, welding or tiling experience will be an advantage.
- Willing to work overtime when needed
- A basic knowledge of hand tools.
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Monday, May 9, 2022
Please specify the position you are applying for when submitting your CV.
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Life Healthcare has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in place which requires all employees to be COVID-19 vaccinated
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.