Lead Medical Practitioner - Emergency Department
- Life Wilgeheuwel Hospital
- Lead Medical Practitioner - Emergency Department
A position has become available for a Lead Medical Practitioner, based at Life Wilgeheuwel Hospital in Wilgeheuwel, Johannesburg West Rand and reporting to Adri Botes, Hospital Manager. The job primarily exists to bring in the expertise of a General Practitioner or Specialist Emergency Physician to run and be the lead doctor in charge of the Wilgeheuwel Hospital Emergency Department.
- Critical Outputs
- Strategic and operational planning for the Emergency Department.
- Clinical and administrative management of patients: medical, surgical, obstetric and paediatric patients.
- Clinical practice management of doctors, patients and staff (in conjunction with unit manager) in the unit.
- This includes but is not limited to continuous development of clinical team, setting of operational and clinical protocols, review and improvement of quality standards.
- Planning, management and monitoring of resource allocation in relation to activities.
- Management of relationships with all stakeholders such as referring General Practitioners, Specialists and third party contractors such as Pathologists and Radiologists.
- Participation in emergency drills and emergency situations in the hospital.
- Ensuring high engagement with the hospital team for optimal productivity and outputs.
- Participation in community and marketing events.
- Qualified Independent Medical Practitioner that is registered with the HPCSA association.
- Completed MBChB qualification.
- Certification: ACLS, APLS, and ATLS.
- A completed MMed Emergency Medicine/ FCEM (SA) or Dip PEC(SA) qualification would be an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years related experience in Emergency Medicine.
- 1-2 Years Management experience.
- Appropriate experience within Accident & Emergency units is essential and a clear advantage.
- Interpersonal & relationship building skills
- Influencing & negotiation skills
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and judgement
- Ethical behaviour
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Self management
- Action orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Team player
- Closing date
- Friday, October 19, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.