Laundry Assistant Housekeeping
- Life Bay View Hospital
- Laundry Assistant Housekeeping
A vacancy exists for a Laundry Assistant in the Housekeeping Department at Life Bay View Hospital. The successful candidate will be responsible for the collection, handling, washing and distribution of linen throughout the hospital.
- Critical Outputs
- Collection of linen from the units
- Distribution of linen to all units
- Control the linen levels in units according to requirements.
- Control the quality of the linen distributed and received.
- Accuracy in daily counting of linen.
- Stock take of linen to be done as required.
- Neatness and cleanliness of linen store room required.
- Keeping accurate records of totals of linen collected and distributed in units.
- Keeping accurate records of totals of linen send to off-site premises for washing.
- Washing and drying of linen
- Matric certificate required (Grade 12)
- Person must be customer focused.
- Good relationship skills are necessary
- Knowledge of a hospital environment will be an advantage
- Able to work shifts and weekends as required
- Accuracy with figures for stock counts.
- Team work is essential
- Friendly and helpful
- Display ethical behaviour
- Good inter-personal skills
- Team player
- Closing date
- Friday, January 14, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.