- Algoa Frail Care Centre
- Laundry Assistant
A vacancy has arisen for a Laundry Assistant at Algoa Frail Care Centre reporting to Housekeeper. The successful candidate will be responsible for collection, handling, washing and distribution of linen throughout the units.
- Critical Outputs
Effective hospital laundry and seamstress duties:
- Sewing and seamstress skills
- Collection of linen from the units
- Washing, ironing and folding of linen
- Distribution of linen to all units in the facility
- Mending of linen and clothing
- Seamstress duties as required
- Cleaning, mopping and dusting in laundry
- Control the linen levels in units according to requirements
- Control the quality of the linen distributed and received
- Accuracy in daily counting of linen
- Stock take of linen to be done as required
- Neatness and cleanliness of linen store room required.
- Keeping accurate records of totals of linen collected and distributed in units
- Able to work shifts and over weekends and public holidays
- Grade 12/Matric
- Minimum of two years’ experience in laundry services in a hospital is essential
- Knowledge of infection control, health and safety procedures and disaster management is essential
- Excellent communication and problem solving
- Be able to work under pressure and Time management
- Eager to learn new systems and accept challenges
- Team player and be very energetic
- Person must be customer focused
- Accuracy with figures for stock counts
- Leading by example
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Influencing skills
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Motivating and developing people
- Closing date
- Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.