Junior Clinical Engineer
- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Junior Clinical Engineer
A vacancy exists for a Junior Clinical Engineer, based at Life Entabeni Hospital, reporting to Marc Yorinda, Engineering Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and co-ordination of all major facets associated with medical equipment technology within the hospital.
- Critical Outputs
Medical Equipment Asset Management and Maintenance
- Active involvement in maintaining an accurate computerised asset management system as per Clinical Engineering protocols.
- Active involvement in determining medical equipment replacement requirements for the hospital
- Perform first line repairs, modifications and installations on equipment, utilizing the necessary test equipment, in accordance with the standards and recommendations of original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and/or governing agencies
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections of equipment in line with Clinical Engineering and OEM protocols
- Control and management of maintenance conducted by suppliers and acceptance thereof
- Obtain and perform pre-acceptance inspections according to ECRI standards on new, demo and loan equipment
- Implement the equipment commissioning process for new equipment as per Clinical Engineering protocols
Acquisition of Medical Equipment
- Active involvement in the selection and acquisition of medical equipment technology that is fit for purpose and application, and up-to-date with current developments and best practices in the healthcare field
- Consult with Physicians, Nurses and peers in the field, to evaluate equipment and determine the correct specifications and standards of the required equipment as per Clinical Engineering protocols
- Be actively involved with the Capex system, understand and manage lease and rental agreements as applied to the hospital
- Active involvement with the ‘supply chain management’ of medical equipment for all growth/new projects as per Clinical Engineering protocols
- Perform formal operators training and monitor competency compliance by arranging training with vendors for hospital nursing staff and equipment end-users.
Maintain high professional standards
- Ensure professional growth and development through professional affiliations, conferences and available resources, to stay updated within the clinical engineering field
Support National strategic initiatives and contribute to growth
- Participate in Clinical Engineering forums and Projects as determined by Clinical Engineering
- Evaluate National projects implemented as per Clinical Engineering protocols
- B-Tech or National Diploma in clinical / biomedical engineering
- Alternatively, a National Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Light Current) with at least one year of experience in management and/or maintenance of medical equipment in a clinical environment.
- Member of the Clinical Engineering Association of South Africa (CEASA)
- Experience within, and understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Influencing (negotiation)
- Drive & energy
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Friday, April 03, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.