Junior Clinical Engineer
- Life Groenkloof Hospital
- Junior Clinical Engineer
A vacancy exists for a Junior Clinical Engineer, based at Life Groenkloof Hospital, reporting to Merime Ngabeu, Senior Clinical Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and co-ordination of all major facets associated with medical equipment technology within the hospital.
- Critical Outputs
Medical Equipment Asset Management and Maintenance
- Active involvement in maintaining an accurate computerised asset management system as per Group Engineering protocols.
- Active involvement in determining medical equipment replacement requirements for the hospital
- Perform first line repairs, modifications and installations on equipment, utilizing the necessary test equipment, in accordance with the standards and recommendations of original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and/or governing agencies
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections of equipment in line with Group Engineering and OEM protocols
- Control and management of maintenance conducted by suppliers and acceptance thereof
- Obtain and perform pre-acceptance inspections according to ECRI standards on new, demo and loan equipment
- Implement the equipment commissioning process for new equipment as per Group Engineering protocols
Acquisition of Medical Equipment
- Active involvement in the selection and acquisition of medical equipment technology that is fit for purpose and application, and up-to-date with current developments and best practices in the healthcare field
- Consult with Physicians, Nurses and peers in the field, to evaluate equipment and determine the correct specifications and standards of the required equipment as per the Group Engineering protocols
- Be actively involved with the Capex system, understand and manage lease and rental agreements as applied to the hospital
- Active involvement with the ‘supply chain management’ of medical equipment for all growth/new projects as per Group Engineering protocols
- Perform formal operators training and monitor competency compliance by arranging training with vendors for hospital nursing staff and equipment end-users.
Maintain high professional standards
- Ensure professional growth and development through professional affiliations, conferences and available resources, to stay updated within the clinical engineering field
Support National strategic initiatives and contribute to growth
- Participate in Clinical Engineering forums and Projects as determined by Group Engineering
Evaluate National projects implemented as per Group Engineering protocols
- Diploma in clinical / bio medical engineering or Diploma in electronics
- Minimum of Two (02) years Experiences in maintenance of medical equipment in a clinical environment
- Member of the Clinical Engineering Association of South Africa (CEASA)
- Experience within, and understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading my example (Key for Managers)
- Motivating and developing people (Key for Managers)
- 011 677 8700
- Closing date
- Thursday, January 20, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.