- Life Wilgeheuwel Hospital
- Inventory Manager
A permanent position for an Inventory Manager, reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, Phia Swartz, has become available at Life Wilgeheuwel Hospital.
- Critical Outputs
- Manage the inventory functions so that the hospital stock management outcomes are attained.
- Manage the systems and processes so that the required stock levels are achieved and maintained.
- Ensure maximum utilisation of the functionality of the stock management system. • Build effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ensure procurement is aligned with the LHC formulary and cost reduction opportunities and drive product conversions.
- Actively participate in the LHC quality programme to ensure a continuous improvement approach to procurement, and management and supply of pharmaceuticals.
- Drive compliance to relevant ISO9001 procedures.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure security of stock in all locations. .
- Manage pharmacy and hospital stock control staff to ensure effective stock management.
- Provide inventory management training and support for all hospital stock locations.
- An appropriate B. Degree or Diploma.
- 3 Years relevant experience in logistics or inventory management is preferred.
- Previous hospital experience advantageous.
- Computer literacy is essential.
- Previous experience of management of people is important.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are very important as good relationships with patients, doctors, hospital staff and suppliers are essential.
- A figures orientated person, with high attention to detail and strong performance orientation complete the profile of the ideal candidate.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- 011 796 6541
- Closing date
- Thursday, April 19, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.