Infection Prevention Specialist and Clinical Training Specialist
- Life Faerie Glen Hospital
- Infection Prevention Specialist and Clinical Training Specialist
A vacancy exists for an Infection Prevention Specialist & Clinical Training Specialist (dual role) based at Life Faerie Glen Hospital, reporting to Nurse Manager – Ileen Matshabe. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, managing, mitigating and evaluating infection prevention risks to patients, employees, and the community and business stakeholders. The candidate will also be responsible for implementing and managing the risk based hospital specific education and training strategy and ensuring all programmes and outputs are aligned to company goals and objectives.
- Critical Outputs
- Execute the hospital infection prevention strategy.
- Implement an infection prevention plan aligned to the business objectives of the business unit.
- Lead the Infection Prevention Committee and direct reporting, investigation, root cause analysis, trending and actions of all infection related incidents or risks
- Comply with legal and company requirements through internal audits (laundry, sterilisation and storage department, catering, healthcare risk waste, internal infection and prevention control audit), and the hazardous biological agent risk assessment
- Participate in and manage the close out of findings of the Department of Health inspection
- Participate in and manage the close out of findings of the external and internal QMS reviews
- Patient and environmental risks identified and mitigated
- Communicate infection risks, trends and actions to the MANCO, Unit Managers, Medical Advisory Committee, and Quality Review Committee
- Identify, minimise and manage occupation exposure to hazardous biological agents
- Ensure that the Hep B programme is offered to all HCW’s
- Monitor and evaluate the placement of high risk employees to minimise occupational health risks.
- Technical and professional competence in infection prevention at business unit level
- Provide subject matter knowledge and advice to the business unit
- Facilitate standard and ad hoc training as required to align business unit to organisational training strategy.
- Manage internal and external outbreaks to minimise risk
- Patient, employee and environmental and risks identified and mitigated
Effective management of CPD & other programs for qualified nurses
- Plan, co-ordinate and participate in nursing competency requirements of the hospital and nursing function strategy
- Provide coaching and mentoring to staff to ensure clinical competence
Effective management of the risk bases in-service training programs (including quality)
- Plan, co-ordinate and monitor risk based in-service training programs
- Participate in incident investigation
- Participate in hospital quality projects, provide feedback, identify deviations and take remedial action where necessary
- Identify risks and competence in use of products through in-service training
Effective management of internal and approved external student clinical programs (i.e. planning, facilitating and evaluating)
- Participate in the selection process of internal and external students
- Ensure the correct management of student administration and resources
- Identify relevant learning opportunities and facilitate clinical skills development
- Provide feedback on the progress of the students both to the Learning Centre and HOD
- Support students with research projects in the hospital environment
Effective research on relevant clinical practices
- Identify and formulate a plan of action relating to clinical delivery problems
Effective marketing of the nursing profession
- Participate in the marketing of the professional image of the nursing profession
- Participate in marketing initiatives with students and learning centres in order to promote nursing as a career
- Participate with students in community events to promote the hospital
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Nursing (with appropriate specialisation)
- Current registration with SANC and Registered Assessor with SANC
- A qualification in IPC from a recognised institution is compulsory. The qualification should hold at least 60 credits
- Specific knowledge and understanding of the legislation governing the practice of nursing
- Facilitation and assessment skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Must be able to work under pressure in a continuously changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work flexi hours as needed
- Practical Execution
- Knowledge Management
- Rule Orientation
- Research Skills
- Ethical Behaviour
- Leading my example (Key for Managers)
- Motivating and developing people (Key for Managers)
- Building Relationships
- Strong customer orientation, team player, very energetic and well organized
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Thursday, September 24, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.