Infection Prevention Specialist
- Life Mount Edgecombe Hospital
- Infection Prevention Specialist
A vacancy exists for an Infection Prevention Specialist, based at Life Mount Edgecombe Hospital, reporting to the Nursing Standards Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of the company’s nursing operations and training strategy aligned to the company strategic areas of Quality, Efficiency, Sustainability and Growth in a streamlined, standardized risk-based manner
- Critical Outputs
- Execute the hospital infection prevention strategy
- Implement an infection prevention plan aligned to the business objectives of the business unit; and based on the historic facility experience, incidents and audit findings and Life Healthcare national targets.
- Lead the Infection Prevention Committee and direct reporting, investigation, root cause analysis, trending and actions of all infection related incidents or risks.
- Ensure the business unit Infection Prevention targets are met utilising a team approach.
- Comply with legal and company requirements through internal audits (laundry, sterilization and storage department, catering, healthcare risk waste, internal infection and prevention control audit), and the hazardous biological agent risk assessment.
- Participate in and manage the close out of findings of the Department of Health inspection.
- Participate in and manage the close out of findings of the external and internal Quality Management Systems reviews.
- Active environmental surveillance and reporting to minimise infection prevention risk.
- Identify, minimise and manage occupation exposure to hazardous biological agents.
- Facilitate standard and ad hoc training as required to align business unit to organizational training strategies
- Manage internal and external outbreaks to minimise risk
- Registered Nurse with current registration with SANC
- Qualified Infection Prevention and Control Specialist.
- Sound clinical Infection prevention knowledge
- Experience in a specialist unit will be advantageous.
- Excellent basic computer skills.
- Closing date
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.