Infection Prevention & Clinical Training Specialist
- Life West Coast Private Hospital
- Infection Prevention & Clinical Training Specialist
Life West Coast Private Hospital is seeking an Infection Prevention & Clinical Training Specialist, reporting to the Nursing Manager, Alzita Rix.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating quality efforts in support of the hospital management team and will monitor the effectiveness of the quality management system as well as coordinating strategies for continually improving infection prevention and control across the business unit.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure that the hospital infection prevention objectives and targets are reviewed annually and aligned to the group objectives
- Communicate the quality and infection prevention targets and focus areas to the hospital management and staff.
- Conduct training within the hospital to ensure that management and staff understand the quality measures and infection prevention and control measures.
- Conduct risk assessments on an annual basis in the hospital in accordance with legal requirements’.
- Conduct infection prevention surveillance and coordinate employee’s participation in LHC defined objectives and priorities for preventing and managing healthcare-associated infections
- Measure performance against the quality and infection prevention objectives, evaluate the results and take corrective action where necessary. Ensure that Q learning’s are communicated and implemented
- Monitor, record and close out any infection incidents and deviations.
- Ensure that quality and infection prevention data is accurately recorded, statistics analyzed and trends and risks identified.
- Ensure support for, and participation in, joint working initiatives to reduce healthcare-associated infections as per best care always program
- Generate the hospital IP reports.
- Communicate the feedback on infection trends, risks, incidents and corrective action taken at hospital meetings.
- Ensure that antimicrobial stewardship initiatives in place and guide best practices in the hospital.
- Coordinate the hospital Infection Prevention Committee meetings and ensure all legal appointments are made and recorded.
- Ensure that the disposal of waste within the hospital meets the quality standards.
- Ensure that the legal requirements are adhered to for staff safety; and that employee injuries and occupational disease are reported.
- Monitor and ensure governance of the IP document control process within the hospital.
- Participate in the QMS and external audit review process, coordinate the corrective action and close out any findings related to quality.
- Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Experience in a leadership and or teaching role would be an advantage
- Current registration with the South African Nursing Council
- Sound knowledge of Safety and Health legislation
- A post-graduate qualification in Infection Control or proven knowledge in infection prevention strategies.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
- Computer proficiency.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Rule Orientation
- Action Orientation
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships & customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Customer Responsiveness
- Excellence orientation
- Drive & energy
- 022 719 1030 ext 219
- Closing date
- Friday, February 26, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.