- Life Brenthurst Hospital
- Hospital Secretary
A vacancy exists for a Hospital Secretary at Life Brenthurst Hospital, reporting to the Hospital Manager. A highly efficient, energetic and professional secretary is sought who will be able to cope with the demands and pressures of a very busy position. The incumbent will be responsible with liaising with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and will be expected to function at all levels within the management team.
- Critical Outputs
- Provide full secretarial support to the Senior Management Team which entails typing of all relevant correspondence and statistics, message taking, diary management and setting up of meetings as well as accurate and timeous minute taking.
- Coordinating the issuing of patient files for legal matters
- Management of catering arrangements and venue bookings for management functions.
- The ability to critically judge situations that could potentially impact on the reputation of the hospital and facilitate an appropriate escalation response.
- Maintenance of a sound filing system for hospital manager.
- Assisting other departments in the hospital with overflow work whenever possible.
- Telephonic and face-to-face liaison with doctors, patients and other key stakeholders in the business and to ensure this is conducted in a professional manner.
- Ad hoc projects and tasks which arise on a day to day basis. Assistance with complaint investigation and customer feedback.
- Facilitate assistance to dissatisfied clients who presents to the management team in a positive and professional manner.
- Agency billing process management.
- Assist marketing in planning for hospital functions and events.
- Matric certificate with an office administration qualification.
- 3 to 5 years Secretary/PA experience desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), SAP knowledge will be an advantage.
- The ability to deal with confidential matters and interact professionally at all levels, both internally and externally.
- This demanding job requires a well organised, energetic and enthusiastic individual who is willing to go the extra mile.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication ability as well as good telephone manner are essential.
- The ability to work in a pressurised and demanding environment, accuracy and attention to detail are critical.
- Basic financial knowledge will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of organizing meetings will be advantageous.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Attention to detail
- Self management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Deadline driven
- Planning & organising skills
- Action orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships & networking
- Customer responsiveness
- Ability to manage stress
- Closing date
- Monday, October 19, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.