Hospital Mechanical Artisan
- Life Springs Parkland Hospital
- Hospital Mechanical Artisan
A vacancy exists at Life Springs Parkland Hospital, for a Hospital Mechanical Artisan reporting to the Engineering Manager, Nhlakanipho Nzama. This job exists to ensure well maintained and reliable mechanical assets through routine inspections and maintenance eliminating plant and equipment breakdowns.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure operation and reliability of mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Attend to mechanical breakdowns and take remedial action.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly inspections on mechanical plant and equipment.
- Ensure that mechanical equipment services are done timeously and service records are properly filed.
- Maintain equipment parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level. Ensure that spares are ordered and received timeously.
- Provide mechanical maintenance information by answering questions upon requests.
- Prepare mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends.
- Ensure that contractors working on mechanical plant and equipment adhere to Health and Safety rules.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending relevant training.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating maintenance actions, irregularities, and continuing needs on mechanical plant and equipment.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist with any other work as requested by management.
- Conduct risk assessments prior to conducting any maintenance related work on plant and equipment.
- At least N5 qualification in Mechanical Engineering coupled with
- a Trade Test certificate in Fitting and Turning with
- a minimum of 5 years in engineering maintenance.
- Practical experience in a hospital environment or similar environment is essential.
- Drive and energy
- Ethical behaviour
- Attention to detail
- Closing date
- Friday, October 19, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.