- Life Brenthurst Hospital
- Hospital Driver
A vacancy exists for a Driver, based at Life Brenthurst Hospital, reporting to Hawa Budhia, Patient Services Manager. The successful candidates will be part of a professional team that is continuously striving for the highest standards of quality in healthcare
- Critical Outputs
- Assists and transport patients by wheelchair, stretcher, patient vehicle to and from various destinations within hospital.
- Assisting with transportation of inter hospital medical equipment and pharmacy stock.
- Transporting staff to different facilities for training purposes.
- Transporting of patient to and from doctors rooms.
- Performing general administrative and other related transport duties as requested.
- Transportation of renal patients to the Renal Unit – Patients will be picked up and dropped off at home after treatment is done.
- Must be able to work flexi hours.
- Develop sound working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Deliver a superior quality service
- Adhere to department, hospital and company protocols at all times.
- Routine maintenance and garaging of vehicles and timely reporting of major defects.
- Deliver documents to various places as and when required.
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Infection Control Policies as well as related legislation.
- Experience in working in healthcare will be an advantage.
- Able to work in a team.
- Responsible, meticulous and efficient.
- Ability to work shifts on a rotational basis.
- Matric or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- Valid PDP
- Hospital experience would be added advantage
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Resilience, Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Monday, September 20, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.