Head of Sales & Business Development
- Head Office, Dunkeld
- Head of Sales & Business Development
An exciting vacancy exists for a Head of Sales & Business Development at Life Health Solutions, Head Office in Dunkeld, JHB. reporting into the CEO of Life Health Solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for meeting annual sales targets by proactively identifying and generating sales opportunities, leading the subsequent solutioning and bidding process thereby securing repeated wins. Ensure growth meets preferred delivery model and profit criteria with the aim to secure sustainable re-occurring contract revenue and supporting each region in retaining key contracts through integrated business solutions which creates a competitive edge and value creation. Lead, motivate and manage the sales team ensuing quality output; meeting tight timelines and achievement of targets overall.
- Critical Outputs
- Individually, and with your team, identify and develop relationships with senior decision makers within prospective clients in our chosen & future envisaged sectors upstream of tender notice (both current markets and new) and new growth industries.
- To ensure “upstream” activity, the role will lead and ensure direct cold calling, digital campaigns are planned, executed and reported on, obtain referrals and attend network events to initialise sales relationships. This person will liaise carefully with Regional Business Managers to deploy, monitor & track the national sales strategy, obtain introductions to current clients for the purpose of securing future business and the identification of additional opportunities.
- To ensure the growth of new revenue for all existing & new product lines, minimise churn through superlative customer experience & retention strategies.
- Design & ensure weekly, monthly quarterly & annual lead and lag indicators & metrics are maintained for effective best practice Sales Management.
- Operational, tactical & strategic executive reporting
- Provide weekly pipeline reporting to CEO and internal decision makers.
- Deliver presentations to prospective clients ahead of tender so they are familiar with key Life HS Unique Selling Points in a way which engages the audience; provides insight into the value proposition and leads into additional opportunities. Impress prospective clients such that they ensure and bid document provides opportunity for Life HS to market strengths.
- Discover prospective client’s main operational, cost and competitive requirements and appropriate client discovery, understand the industry health risk factors and economic pressures, ahead of the bid and advise the bid team so they shape the bid document accordingly, with a focus on health risk solutions.
- Qualify bids for progression based on an assessment of ease of wins (relationship) – deliverability – profitability and strategic fit. Categorise prospective bids into ‘must win’, ‘desired win’ and “no bid” categories.
- Lead, manage & motivate the sales team & ensure adequate succession planning prevails for business continuity
- Mange the bid writing team providing the necessary feedback to develop and evolve bid strategy. Ensure a golden thread of win themes in contained in our tenders/proposals and that delivery options are clear to the client.
- Craft & oversee the “Executive Summary” for key tenders and ensure the bid team’s general written approach is in alignment with sales solution & that the bid is suitable and of high quality bespoke to the scope of the tender.
- Lead and formulate delivery solutions (with operational & subject matter experts support) and help ‘solution’ the bid in a manner that Life HS can deliver and that the client wishes to purchase.
- Work close with commercial & finance team in pricing the bid by ensuring that they understand key output and model requirements.
- Author and develop tender beauty parade sales presentations and jointly attend key sales presentations with medical director, regional business manager and CEO.
- Lead conversations with the prospective client during the sales lifecycle including advising modifying bid responses as appropriate to secure a win.
- Develop relationships with 3rd party suppliers whose support would strengthen our sales proposition. Agree formal SLA and MOU’s for future bidding activity (sign off via central governance).
- Maintain timeous updates into the CRM system, policies, processes & document repositories, so as to ensure the Life HS pipeline & Sales & Bid Management business function and unit is kept up to date.
- Achieve Life HS quarterly, half-year and annual sales, retention, margin & EBITDA growth targets.
- Any other task activity that CEO determines as part of this role from time to time.
- Relevant Degree or equivalent is essential.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in sales and business development
- Extensive experience generating and leading the sales and bid process in the B2B services sector.
- Proven ability to cold call, network and independently, proactivity generating sales leads.
- Knowledge of the typical bid/tender life-cycle and experience in successfully navigating the same.
- Adaptable, resilient and results focused. Must be hungry and able to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Strong communication skills (both written; non-verbal and verbal) as well as excellent presentation skills.
- An understanding of the Health, Wellness & Occupational Health marketplace an added benefit.
- IT literate.
- Current driving license.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Influencing & networking
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Key Performance Indicators
- New prospective client contacts, networking and general demonstration of being upstream of bid. Market aware.
- Demonstrate high solutioning, bidding and sales tactics during bid processes.
- 30%+ win rate and meeting quarterly, bi-yearly and annual sales targets.
- Closing date
- Monday, May 16, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only fully covid vaccinated external candidates will be considered.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.