- Information Technology
- Life Healthcare Head Office
- Head: Data
Head: Data, reporting to the Executive: Data and Analytics.
The successful candidate will have prime responsibility for data asset delivery for analytics and business needs, and as such, will have an important and high-profile strategic position in the group. The role is responsible for overseeing data architecture, infrastructure, governance, operations and development, but more than that, for designing and building the environment that will future-proof the delivery of data insights.
It calls for a visionary, a leader and a creator, not merely a technician and manager.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure the creation and preservation of data assets to allow Life Healthcare to drive business value through reporting and analytics.
- In particular, transform the existing infrastructure (a data warehouse and multiple stored procedures leading to multiple data sources) to an integrated, aligned and reusable single source of truth.
- Future-proof data sources in a way that is closely aligned to the business's evolving reporting and analytics needs.
- Have a thorough understanding of business strategy and the objectives that flow from this.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand operational needs and how these evolve.
- Oversee the management and storage of data to support these objectives, ensuring data quality, availability and usability.
- Through direct line reporting, manage the Architecture and Data Governance Manager, the Data Operations Manager and the Data Development Manager, and through them indirectly the teams supporting these functions; through these reporting lines:
- Be accountable for organisational data architecture regarding operational needs, efficiency and cost.
- Research best-in-breed solutions and ensure that the data environment remains relevant and optimal to support organisational goals.
- Develop and nurture a high-performance, quality-obsessed, collaborative culture with other leaders in the broader data and analytics team.
- Drive innovation in data management and drive business implementation of the data management strategy.
- Be accountable for data governance, ensuring that data privacy obligations and data protection regulations are complied with.
- Effectively communicate to senior management, business, and staff in the data and analytics team the value and importance of sound data management and the analytical possibilities that flow from it.
- Oversee data operations and data development.
- Honours degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or an equivalent field, or other equivalent qualifications.
- 8+ years of experience in the administration and management of data environments and the information life-cycle.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- Previous experience in overseeing the set up and management of enterprise data warehouses.
- Solid experience in cloud technologies and on premise solutions.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Understanding of data systems, architecture and pipelines.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
- Project management skills.
- Client relationship skills: demonstrated ability to build relationships with and deliver valuable solutions for stakeholders.
- Familiarity with relevant data environments and tools, including big data solutions.
- Healthcare experience will be a strong advantage.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Influencing skills
- Analytical mindset
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Deadline driven
- Leadership skills
- Closing date
- Monday, January 17, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.