- Head Office, JHB
- Head: Analytics
Head: Analytics, reporting to the Executive: Data and Analytics.
The successful candidate will have prime responsibility for leading the analytics and reporting team and contributing to the realisation of an organisation driven by evidence-based decision-making, and as such, will have an important and high-profile strategic position in the group. The role is responsible for ensuring that senior management, business and other key stakeholders are equipped with insights from data that can inform their strategic decisions, but more than that, for designing, building and implementing the engine for the delivery of data insights.
It calls for a visionary, a leader and a creator, not merely a technician and manager.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure that Life Healthcare drives business value through reporting and analytics.
- Have a thorough understanding of business strategy and the objectives that flow from this.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand analytics needs and how these evolve and deliver solutions that meet these needs as well as manage business expectations.
- Oversee the analytics infrastructure and toolkit and ensure that it remains fit for purpose in support of organisational goals, researching best-in-breed solutions on an ongoing basis.
- Through direct line reporting, manage the Business Reporting Manager and Analytics Managers, and through them indirectly the teams supporting these functions.
- Be accountable for business-value-adding reporting that presents key insights in an easily-digested narrative and visually compelling fashion.
- Develop and nurture a high-performance, quality-obsessed, collaborative culture with other leaders in the broader data and analytics team.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by driving innovation in the analysis of data.
- Be accountable for applying advanced (predictive and prescriptive) analytics that uses cutting-edge data science and machine learning techniques to guide evidence-driven decision-making.
- Effectively communicate to senior management, business, and staff in the data and analytics team the value and importance of analytics and the business possibilities that flow from its insights.
- Minimum Honours-level degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics or a cognate analytical field, or other equivalent qualifications.
- 8+ years of experience in an analytics environment, using descriptive and predictive analytics to inform business decisions.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Understanding of data systems, architecture and pipelines.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
- Project management skills.
- Client relationship skills: demonstrated ability to build relationships with and deliver valuable solutions for stakeholders.
- Familiarity with relevant analytics tools, including big data solutions.
- Healthcare experience will be a definitive advantage.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Influencing skills
- Analytical mindset
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Deadline driven
- Leadership skills
- Closing date
- Monday, January 17, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.