General Case Manager
- Life Flora Hospital
- General Case Manager
A vacancy exists for a General Case Manager based at Life Flora Hospital reporting to the Patient Services Manager, Esvory De Jager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the financial and clinical administrative risks pertaining to patients and units. This person will be responsible to effectively communicate and deliver an uncompromising quality of service to all internal and external customers by ensuring that all clinical updates and coding are of the highest standard.
Life Healthcare has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in place which requires all employees to be COVID-19 vaccinated.
- Critical Outputs
- Carrying out Clinical coding in accordance with CPT and ICD requirements and as per LHC standards.
- Maintaining patients’ clinical status in accordance with funder approval requirements for the duration of hospitilisation; keeping patients informed and managing the entire hospital stay’s financial risk
- Provide complete and accurate updates and discharge information
- Maintaining accurate accounts of all admissions
- Improving on short payments and losses
- Timeous electronic submission of accounts
- Handling patient files in accordance with hospital procedures
- Ensuring the adherence of hospital staff to funder rules and coding procedures
- Must be willing to work flexi hours including weekends and public holidays as required operationally by the business
- Keep well informed on legislation pertaining to funders and related Health Care matters
- Qualified Registered Nurse with SANC registration
- Matric and 3 – 5 years’ experience in basic finance and Medical Aid administration procedures
- Have sound computer literacy skills and working knowledge of MS office, word and excel.
- Case Managers with Life Healthcare experience will be advantageous
- Excellent and strong people skills & negotiation skills
- Understanding of business principles
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Problem solving including analysis & judgments
- Positive disposition
- Decision making
- Influencing (including negotiation skills)
- Listening skills
- Interpersonal skills (ability to build and maintain relationships)
- Change management skills
- Stress tolerance
- Planning & organising (time management)
- Closing date
- Monday, May 9, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.