- Life Wilgers Hospital
- Financial Accountant
A vacancy exists for a Financial Accountant at Life Wilgers Hospital, based in Pretoria, reporting to Finance and Administration Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for performance and management of accounting processes to achieve compliance, standardisation and efficiency in the function.
- Critical Outputs
- Responsible for the preparation of accounting reconciliations and resolving of reconciling items in relevant accounting process.
- Manage relationships between the team and other business units.
- Ensure compliance, corporate governance, procedures and protocols.
- Assist the Business in accounting related issues. Support to Hospital, Nursing and Pharmacy Manager with regard to financial analysis and reporting.
- Strive for continuous improvement of processes to create standardisation and efficiency.
- Managing the creditors: preparing and capturing requisitions, orders and payments.
- Manage the Accounts Receivable sub-system (Doctors rental and ad hoc charges).
- Maintaining a filing system.
- Updating and management of the contracts register.
- Ensure healthy internal control environment. Continually assess the internal control environment, using formal review checklists and taking into account day to day experiences, reacting promptly to identified risks
- Prepare accurate and complete accruals at month-end.
- Manage the capital expenditure reporting.
- Participate in hospital strategic planning to identify capex projects, developing financial models for proposed plans with local management and enabling functions and assist the F&A manager in developing motivations for capex projects
- Meet month end deadlines.
- Comply with Statutory Requirements and adhere to company protocols and corporate governance.
- Preparation of monthly management reports.
- Preparation of statutory board packs and distribution.
- Taking and typing of minutes of meetings.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual financial budgets based on company guidelines.
- Assisting the Finance and Administration Manager with ad-hoc tasks.
- A University Degree, B Com graduate or equivalent is preferred, or studying towards such a degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is critical with advanced Excel Skills
- SAP experience an advantage
- High performance orientation, independence as well as a team player, functional proficiency, initiative and an ability to meet deadlines is essential for this position as is attention to detail and good communication
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Friday, October 19, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.