Finance and Administration Manager
- Finance / Administration
- Life Bedford Gardens Hospital
- Finance and Administration Manager
Life Healthcare is recruiting for a Finance and Administration Manager to be based at Life Westville Hospital, reporting directly to Atish Maharaj, Hospital Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the financial results of Life Westville Hospital and the Renal unit located on site, in line with accounting standards and within corporate governance protocols in support of Life Healthcare objectives and strategy.
- Critical Outputs
Effective people management
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of Life values, operating model and strategy.
- Actively sponsor Life initiatives and projects as it relates to hospital.
- Actively participate in hospital MANCO meetings, regional Shaka, RSRT meetings and forums
- Actively lead and manage F&A and HOD feedback meetings and ensure participation from all parties to achieve strategic objectives
- Recruit, retain, motivate and develop staff according to Life people policies and practices.
Accurate financial reporting & analysis
- Review monthly recon files, managing general ledger close of adjustments to zero and manage people and processes to adhere to reporting deadlines
- Prepare variance to budget as compared to prior year analysis, report on hospital performance, identify problem areas and take remedial action with staff and Enabling functions as required
- Participate in hospital strategic planning to identify Capex projects, develop financial model for proposed Capex plan with local management and Enabling functions and assist hospital manager in developing a motivation for Capex projects
- Develop operating budget, ensure final budget presented matches approved parameters, ensure sign off of budget by management and communicate approved budget to all units
- Ensure final working capital budget presented reflects the requirements of the operating budget, ensure sign off by management and communicate approved budget to all units
Effective management of internal controls
- Prepare annual review checklists and manage the internal control environment within the hospital
Effective patient services management
- Ensure all credit management targets are met (i.e. internal and external debtors days etc)
- Manage and minimise risk and achieve LHC targets regarding rejections, bad debts, case management write offs and reimbursement codes
- Oversee pre-admission trends with relevant manager and manage appropriately
- Identify problems and take remedial actions with relevant stakeholders
Effective governance and risk management
- Manage compliance to the executive constraints per corporate governance, report deviations and take action where necessary
Effective quality management and customer relations
- Achieve and improve quality metrics, continuously monitor and measure processes to maintain and approve same and actively lead and promote LHC quality drive
- Manage data integrity and compliance to LHC protocols
- Develop and maintain relationships with various internal and external stakeholders, conduct feedback surveys in order to monitor relationships and service levels, identify trends and implement remedial actions
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Completed articles would be an advantage
- CA(SA) preferred
- Relevant experience, preferably commercial management in a corporate services environment
- Ability to learn industry specifics i.e. related healthcare terminology.
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Action orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Lead by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Closing date
- Sunday, May 15, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.