Finance & Administration Manager
- Life Wilgeheuwel Hospital
- Finance & Administration Manager
A vacancy exists for Finance & Administration Manager at Life Wilgeheuwel Hospital, reporting to the Adri Botes, Hospital Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the financial results of the business in line with accounting standards and within corporate governance protocols in support of Life Healthcare objectives and strategy.
- Critical Outputs
Effective people management
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of Life values, operating model and strategy.
- Actively sponsor Life initiatives and projects as it relates to hospital.
- Actively participate in hospital MANCO meetings, regional Shaka, RSRT meetings and forums
- Actively lead and manage F&A and HOD feedback meetings and ensure participation from all parties to achieve strategic objectives
- Recruit, retain, motivate and develop staff according to Life people policies and practices.
Accurate financial reporting & analysis
- Responsibility for managing general ledger close and people and processes to adhere to reporting deadlines
- Prepare variance to budget as compared to prior year analysis, report on hospital performance, identify problem areas and take remedial action with staff and Enabling functions as required
- Support to Hospital, Nursing and Pharmacy Manager with regard to financial analysis and reporting including but not limited to employee costs and stock control
- Responsible for managing the joint venture and providing accurate results and calculation of distributions
- Participate in hospital strategic planning to identify capex projects, developing financial models for proposed plans with local management and enabling functions and assist hospital manager in developing motivations for capex projects
- Develop operating budget, ensure final budget presented matches approved parameters, ensure sign off of budget by management and communicate approved budget to all units
- Ensure final working capital budget presented reflects the requirements of the operating budget, ensure sign off by management and communicate approved budget to all units
Effective management of internal controls
- Continually assess the internal control environment, using formal review checklists and taking into account day to day experiences, reacting promptly to identified risks
Effective patient services management
- Ensure all credit management targets are met (i.e. internal and external debtor’s days etc.)
- Manage and minimize risk and achieve LHC targets regarding rejections, bad debts, case management write offs and reimbursement codes
- Manage admissions and case management within the units; relating to staffing, adherence to all policies and procedures; smooth running of the department
- Identify problems and take remedial actions with relevant stakeholders
Effective governance and risk management
- Manage compliance to the executive constraints per corporate governance, report deviations and take action where necessary
Effective quality management and customer relations
- Achieve and improve quality metrics, continuously monitor and measure processes to maintain and approve same and actively lead and promote LHC quality drive
- Manage data integrity and compliance to LHC protocols
- Develop and maintain relationships with various internal and external stakeholders, conduct feedback surveys in order to monitor relationships and service levels, identify trends and implement remedial actions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Completed Articles
- Charted accountant preferred
- 3-5 years’ Relevant experience, preferably commercial management in a corporate services environment
- Ability to learn industry specifics e. related healthcare terminology.
- Computer proficiency
- High performance orientation, independence as well as a team player, functional proficiency, initiative and an ability to meet deadlines is essential for this position as is attention to detail and good communication
- Must be able to work under pressure in a continuously changing environment
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Action orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Lead by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Closing date
- Friday, August 16, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.