- Life Occupational health / Employee Wellness
- Life Head Office, Illovo, JHB
- EWP Consultant
A vacancy exists for an EWP Consultant within Careways Employee Wellness, based at Head Office, Illovo, reporting to the EWP Team Leader.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing quality emotional consultation and counselling with Employees telephonically. The role will require the referral, management and follow-up on referrals to the EWP Practitioner network and ensure services are in line with the clients’ service level benchmarks. The compiling of reports and risk management are also important aspects in this position.
- Critical Outputs
- Provide quality emotional phone counseling and consultation service to relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrate appropriate consultation methodology that is efficient, customer focused and professional and in line with clinical protocols provided by Careways
- Link, and follow-up on face to face referrals to the EWP Practitioner network and ensure resolution with service level benchmarks
- Maintain up to date knowledge of client companies Service Level Agreements as well as internal systems, policies and procedures
- Consider appropriate care methodology when providing solutions plans (Channel of Care)
- Ensure that information is shared with respect to best practice standards of ethical behaviour and confidentiality
- Managing any risks, contain employees, and ensure appropriate care resolution
- Demonstrate consistent and accurate recording of case data
- Activate support for stakeholders requesting legal or financial wellness interventions
- Activate support for stakeholders requesting health interventions
- Compile reports and feedback to Manager and HR during the management of cases and upon case closure
- Undertake Manager/HR/Occupational Health consultations where needed
- Arrange and refer group interventions post trauma
- Clinical or counseling related qualification (Master’s degree in Psychology / Social Work / Registered Counselor)
- 2 years of experience in relevant Human Sciences field or within Employee Wellness
- Annual professional registration with the relevant statutory body (HPCSA; SACSSP)
- Sound knowledge of ethics and codes of practice within the field of psychology, social work; counseling and employee wellness provisioning
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to enable clearly consolidated reports and feedback to relevant stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills and analytical abilities
- Ability to work independently and proactively, as well as being an integral member of a skilled team
- Ability to apply clinical skills and knowledge to employee wellness provisioning
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills,
- Ability to multi-task and interact professionally with clients and colleagues
- Strong customer service focus; ability to understand/anticipate customer needs
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Align with operational requirements of the business
- Excellent written communication skills
- Closing date
- Thursday, April 18, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.