Enrolled Nurses - Mental Health Unit
- Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Enrolled Nurses - Mental Health Unit
Vacancies exist for Enrolled Nurses at the purpose-designed Mental Health Centre at Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital, Cape Town. The position will report to the Unit Manager, Marcel Rawabisi, and the successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of quality mental health support focused on recovery and positive wellbeing.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct duties to meet the requirements of quality patient care, ensuring that all nursing activities carried out comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislations and Life Healthcare policies and procedures
- To be aware of the implications of the Care Programme and its approach and meet the LHC requirements for delivery of outcomes focused individualized care.
- Ensure staff work within the Health and Safety at Work Act and infection control standards to ensure that professional duties are undertaken in such a manner that protects patients, visitors and colleagues from hazards
- Effective utilization of resources
- Effective maintenance of equipment
- Accurate record keeping
- The continued education of patients
- Be skilled at communicating and build effective relationships with patients, doctors and other medical personnel to ensure quality patient care
- Maintain the safety, confidentiality and dignity of patients and their families
- Needs to be registered as an Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary with SANC
- 2 years continuous service in a psychiatric facility
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license and or ability to travel
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Action orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Motivating and developing people
- Leading by example
- 021 506 4150
- 021 506 5187
- Closing date
- Saturday, August 17, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.