Enrolled Nurse - Theatre
- Life Queenstown Private Hospital
- Enrolled Nurse - Theatre
A vacancy exists for an Enrolled Nurse (Theatre), based at Life Queenstown Private Hospital, reporting to Suzette Hattingh, Unit Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the surgical team to perform surgical procedures on patients successfully and to ensure that the patient receives optimal care in accordance with company and hospital strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
Ensuring effective financial management by:
- Ensuring accurate charging by managing theatre clocking time
- To Flex when unit is quiet and work extra hours when unit is busy
- Ensuring consignment stock, equipment and prosthesis is charged according to policy
- Managing stock by participating in regular stock taking and controlling of the consignment stock in accordance with the hospital (local) policy
Affecting the functioning of theatre equipment and instrumentation by:
- Ensuring the correct use of theatre equipment and instrumentation by educating and supervising staff on the correct utilization of the equipment
Providing Quality patient care by
- Obtaining the correct information pre-operatively and visiting the patient post-operatively
- Ensuring that the patient is comfortable and assist the doctor during the surgical procedure
- Being available for call during the knight and weekends
Ensuring effective people management by:
- Providing theatre specific training and assessing the competence of staff
- Assist the Unit Manager to correctly monitor the normal and overtime hours
- Ensure the theatre team works according to the scope of practice
- Give feedback to the unit manager in order to assess optimal performance
Effective SHEQ management by:
- Ensuring the use of personal protective clothing and complying with ISO requirements
- Ensuring the disposal of medical waste in order to effectively control infection
Effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders:
- Attend review and consultative form meetings to maintain healthy relationships with internal stakeholders
- Maintain a healthy relationship with external stakeholders by reporting and escalating unresolved issues to the unit manager
- Enrolled nurse Diploma
- Registration with SANC
- Relevant experience and technical skill to meet the critical outputs
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency would be an advantage
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Tuesday, November 2, 2021
NB: indicate position in the subject line of the email.
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.