Enrolled Nurse Specialist (Theatre)
- Life Bay View Private Hospital
- Enrolled Nurse Specialist (Theatre)
A vacancy exists for an Enrolled Nurse Specialist (Theatre) based at Life Bay View Hospital, reporting to the Theatre Manager, Ansie Viljoen. The purpose of this role is to conduct nursing activities to ensure quality patient care.
- Critical Outputs
Ensure effective quality management systems by:
- Meet customer needs and expectations
- Report all customer complaints to the UM.
- Attending and participating in review and ward meetings in order to ensure conformance to QMS audit standards
- Performing, understanding and complying with the company infection control standards in order to adhere to PPE standards and procedures
- Adhering to safety measures
Ensure optimum operational efficiencies by:
- Ensuring correct and accurate charging of stock used
- Correctly reporting and recording of patient peri-operatively
- Ensuring correct and proper usage and maintenance of equipment
- Ensuring personal absenteeism is minimised and justified
- Working flexible hours in order to minimize agency costs and show willingness to assist other departments
Ensure effective quality patient care by:
- Performing and completing tasks assigned
- Ensuring patient hygiene, comfort and safety is measured in accordance with the WHO checklist
- Ensure a safe patient environment
- Following the correct techniques and wearing of PPE’s
- Monitoring and recording patient intake and outputs
- Ensuring the management and preparation of surgical and diagnostic procedures
- Safe and competent execution of clinical care
Demonstrating professional socialisation:
- Building and maintaining healthy relationships with internal and external customers and supporting all new staff members with the orientation program
- Be a positive team player
- Qualification as an Enrolled Nurse, registered with SANC.
- This position requires anesthetic & flooring experience.
- Experience in a theatre environment, minimum 1-2 years.
- Ability to work shifts according to the operational requirements of the hospital
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency would be an advantage
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Professional and technical proficiency
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Action orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Friday, October 29, 2021
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to apply by forwarding a comprehensive CV to https://www.pnet.co.za/, Please select Life Healthcare Group (Pty) Ltd and you will be directed to all vacant positions.
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.