Enrolled Nurse Specialist - Theatre
- Life Knysna Private Hospital
- Enrolled Nurse Specialist - Theatre
A vacancy exists for an Enrolled Nurse Specialist, based at Life Knysna Private Hospital, in the Theatre reporting to Bridget Hall, Unit Manager. The purpose of this role is to conduct nursing activities to ensure quality patient care.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct duties to meet the requirements of quality patient care, ensuring that all nursing activities carried out comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislations and Life Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Maintain all health, safety and infection control standards to ensure a safe patient environment
- Effective utilization of resources
- Effective maintenance of equipment
- Accurate record keeping
- The continued education of patients
- Build effective relationships with patients, doctors and other medical personnel to ensure quality patient care
- Registered as an Enrolled Nurse with SANC
- Theatre flooring & anesthetic nursing experience is required
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexibility to work shifts on a rotational basis as requested and to work within all areas in the theatre complex as required
- Should have own transport to do theatre calls
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Professional and technical proficiency
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- Action orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Closing date
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.