Enrolled Nurse - Specialised
- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Enrolled Nurse - Specialised
Are you confident and highly motivated, lateral thinker looking to stretch yourself professionally? X2 positions for Enrolled Nurses (specialised) exists at Life Entabeni Hospital, Main Theatre, KZN, reporting to the Unit Manager Mr N Maneckchund. The successful candidates will ensure the delivery of quality nursing care to all patients.
- Critical Outputs
- Assist the unit to meet the requirements of quality patient care
- Conduct basic duties as allocated by the Unit Manager.
- Ensuring that basic nursing care activities are carried out to comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislation and life health
- Care policies and procedures.
- High professional standards and a commitment to own development.
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Must be able to do documentation pertaining to theatre admissions, be risk focussed and follow patient outcome standards
- According to the Quality Management System.
- Maintain sound relationships and communication with patients, relatives and the multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintain all Health, Safety and Infection Control Standards.
- Application needs to be registered with SANC as an Enrolled Nurse.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in Theatre environment as an anaesthetic nurse.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have knowledge and skill on setting up of invasive lines i.e A-Line, CVP
- Candidate must have knowledge and skill in assisting anaesthetist with spinal/epidural anaesthesia.
- Candidate to have knowledge and skill in assisting anaesthetist with ultrasound guided blocks.
- Cardiac theatre experience will be an advantage.
- Must be flexible and be prepared to work shifts and in other departments when requested to do so
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Must have strong customer orientation, an excellent team player,
- Must be very energetic, confident and knowledgeable in being an EN
- Closing date
- Monday, May 23, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.