Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary X3
- Life Springs Parkland Hospital
- Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary X3
A vacancy exists for an Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary, based at Life Springs Parkland Hospital, reporting to Zera Lottering, Unit Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing holistic and optimal quality nursing care to critically ill patients in order to maximise a positive outcome for the customer in line with Company & Hospital strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
Ensure effective quality management systems by
- Attending and participating in Q programs and ensuring induction training is attended
- Ensuring monthly Q evaluator cards are completed and report to the shift leader or unit manager
- Attending and participating in review and ward meetings in order to ensure conformance to QMS audit standards
- Performing, understanding and complying with the company infection control standards in order to adhere to PPE standards and procedures
- Adhering to safety measures
Ensure optimum operational efficiencies by
- Ensuring correct and accurate stock administration
- Correctly reporting patient movements on discharge or transfer
- Ensuring correct and proper usage and maintenance of equipment
- Ensuring personal absenteeism is minimised and justified
- Working flexible hours to minimise agency costs and show willingness to assist other departments
Ensure effective quality patient care by
- Performing and completing tasks assigned in order to maximise patient care
- Ensuring patient hygiene, comfort and safety is measured in accordance with the nursing care plan
- Following the correct techniques and wearing PPE’s in order to promote the healing of wounds and fractures
- Monitoring and recording patient intake of fluids
- Ensuring the management and preparation of surgical and diagnostic procedures
Effective relationship management with customers by
Building and maintaining healthy relationships with internal and external customers and supporting all new staff members with the orientation program
- Qualification as an Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary
- Registration with SANC
- Nursing experience in Paediatric ward
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Ability to work shifts according to the operational requirements of the hospital.
- Computer proficiency would be an advantage
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading my example (Key for Managers)
- Motivating and developing people (Key for Managers)
- Closing date
- Tuesday, May 24, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.