Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary Specialist
- Life Flora Hospital
- Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary Specialist
A vacancy exists for an Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary Specialist, based at Life Flora Hospital reporting to Carrie Mc Grory, Unit Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring delivery of uncompromising quality care in line with Company strategic objectives and applicable Health /Nursing legislation.
- Critical Outputs
Ensure effective quality management systems by
- Attending and participating in Q programs and ensuring induction training is carried out
- Ensuring monthly Q evaluator cards are completed and report to the shift leader or unit manager
- Attending and participating in review and ward meetings in order to ensure conformance to QMS audit standards
- Performing, understanding and complying with the company infection control standards in order to adhere to PPE standards and procedures
- Adhering to safety measures
Ensure optimum operational efficiencies by
- Ensuring correct and accurate stock administration
- Correctly reporting patient movements on discharge or transfer
- Ensuring correct and proper usage and maintenance of equipment
- Ensuring personal absenteeism is minimised and justified
- Working flexible hours in order to minimize agency costs and show willingness to assist other departments
Ensure effective quality patient care by
- Performing and completing tasks assigned in order to maximize patient care
- Ensuring patient hygiene, comfort and safety is measured in accordance with the nursing care plan
- Following the correct techniques and wearing PPE’s in order to promote the healing of wounds and fractures
- Monitoring and recording patient intake of fluids
- Ensuring the management and preparation of surgical and diagnostic procedures
Effective relationship management with customers by
- Building and maintaining healthy relationships with internal and external customers and supporting all new staff members with the orientation program
- Qualification as an Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary
- Registration with SANC
- Relevant experience and technical skill to meet the critical outputs
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency would be an advantage
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- 011 470 7830
- Closing date
- Friday, November 15, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.