Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary: NICU (milk kitchen)
- Life Kingsbury Hospital
- Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary: NICU (milk kitchen)
A vacancy exists for an Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary, based at Life Kingsbury Hospital, Cape Town reporting to Sheryl Hightree, Unit Manager. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning and co-ordination of the Unit and ensure quality nursing care to all patients.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct basic duties to meet the requirements of quality patient care.
- Ensure that all nursing activities carried out in compliance with SANC regulations, and Life Healthcare policies.
- Maintenance of Infection Prevention standards, as well as promotion of health and safety
- Maintaining excellent patient and customer care aligned to Life Healthcare standards
- Effective record keeping
- Building professional relationships with doctors and Multi disciplinary teams
- Ensure the correct process of maintenance of the milk kitchen.
- Tasks include but are not limited to the following: :ensure kitchen is clean before the process is started, ensure all procedures are adhered to, check freezer temperatures, check labels, ensure all milk is used within expiry periods, preparation of disinfectant solution etc.
- Must be an Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary registered with SANC
- Experience in an NICU ward essential
- Previous experience in the maintenance of a milk kitchen preferred
- Flexibility required
- Competencies required: Strong customer orientation, team player, energetic, resilient and well organized.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Strong inter-personal skills required
- Must be flexible to work on both day and night duty
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
- Fast worker
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- 021 670 4034
- Closing date
- Sunday, May 16, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.