Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary - Medical Unit
- Life Bay View Private Hospital
- Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary - Medical Unit
A vacancy exists for an Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary in the Medical Unit based at Life Bay View Hospital, reporting to Kobie Badenhorst, Unit Manager. The purpose of this role is to conduct nursing activities to ensure quality patient care.
- Critical Outputs
Ensure effective quality management systems by
- Attending and participating in Q programs and ensuring induction training is carried out
- Ensuring monthly Q evaluator cards are completed and report to the shift leader or unit manager
- Attending and participating in review and ward meetings in order to ensure conformance to QMS audit standards
- Performing, understanding and complying with the company infection control standards in order to adhere to PPE standards and procedures
- Adhering to safety measures
Ensure optimum operational efficiencies by
- Ensuring correct and accurate stock administration
- Correctly reporting patient movements on discharge or transfer
- Ensuring correct and proper usage and maintenance of equipment
- Ensuring personal absenteeism is minimised and justified
- Working flexible hours in order to minimize agency costs and show willingness to assist other departments
Ensure effective quality patient care by
- Performing and completing tasks assigned in order to maximize patient care
- Ensuring patient hygiene, comfort and safety is measured in accordance with the nursing care plan
- Following the correct techniques and wearing PPE’s in order to promote the healing of wounds and fractures
- Monitoring and recording patient intake of fluids
- Ensuring the management and preparation of surgical and diagnostic procedures
Effective relationship management with customers by
- Building and maintaining healthy relationships with internal and external customers and supporting all new staff members with the orientation program
- Needs to be registered as an Enrolled Nurse Auxiliary with SANC
- Experience in a Medical Unit will be an advantage.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Professional and technical proficiency
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Action orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Thursday, September 24, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.