- Life Springs Parkland Hospital
- Engineering Manager
A vacancy exists for a Hospital Engineering Manager at Life Springs Parkland Hospital reporting to Cora Muller, Hospital Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for all round asset care and maintenance of the facility, its land and buildings, plant and machinery, infrastructure and reticulation, energy usage and sustainability, asset replacements and constructional expansion under a single determined budget
- Critical Outputs
- Responsible for continuous performance, improvement, assurance and quality management of occupational health and safety within the hospital perimeter as per the OHS act No.85 of 1993 and Regulations.
- Recruit employees, assign, direct, and evaluate their work. Oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Management of the engineering department which includes strategic people management, personnel utilization, personnel efficiencies, orientation, and performance reviews (JPMs).
- Responsible to facilitate the management of land, buildings, and equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring that systems are in place to control and manage maintenance such as functionality of planned/preventative maintenance programs, job card and call out systems.
- Ensure service reports and record sheets of major equipment, breakdown and legal requirements are completed, recorded, and archived as per company policy and various laws.
- Identify, recognize, and motivate the need and feasibility for capital upgrades, improvements, and replacements.
- Direct and control the engineering of water control, energy saving and all sustainability projects.
- Financial control of the capital and operational budgets. Prepare budgets, bids/tenders, contracts and direct the negotiations of external service provider workflows.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to hospital manager, regional manager and strategic partners such as doctors.
- Consult or negotiate with external professional teams or contractors to assist prepare project or work specifications and scope.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate survey work with other staff activities as well as client satisfactory surveys on a regular basis.
- Identify and manage items and particulars of risk towards engineering operations on a continuous basis.
- Management of on-site contractors e.g., declaration of conformity signed, quotes are obtained, and contractors are approved within set guidelines.
- Confer with and report to hospital management, group engineering and strategic partners, intentions, and ongoing implementations from the engineering department.
- Maintenance of client service principles to ensure client expectations are met.
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing LHC policies and procedures.
- Sc./Btech/National Diploma, the qualification from former Technikons/University or Universities of technology in Mechanical or Electrical (Heavy Current) engineering.
- Above academic qualification must be accompanied by a minimum of 5 years in operations or engineering maintenance in a facility recognized by the department of labour for GMR2.1 appointment.
- Practical experience in a hospital or similar environment in engineering department is essential.
- Computer literacy and experience on a CMMS, preferably SAP PM, would be an added advantage.
- Life Healthcare has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in place which requires all employees to be COVID-19 vaccinated.
- Leadership and teamwork
- Engaging diversity
- Motivating and developing people
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive and energy
- Influencing (negotiations)
- Organizational awareness
- Building relationships, networking; customer
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Presentation, verbal, and written communication
- Excellence orientation (concern for high quality work and compliance)
- Ethical behavior (Honesty)
- Business insight
- Closing date
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.