- Life Cosmos Hospital
- Engineering Manager
A vacancy has arisen for an Engineering Manager at Life Cosmos Hospital, reporting to the Hospital Manager, Hanlie Geyser.
The incumbent will be responsible to support the strategic objectives of the Hospital business plan through optimal management of all the Hospital maintenance responsibilities. This job includes managing the Operational maintenance department.
- Critical Outputs
- Responsible for all Maintenance related issues on a day to day basis.
- Responsible for all general maintenance enquiries relating to Doctors, patients and Nursing staff.
- Provide line managers with relevant information as required.
- Responsible for general managerial duties related to staff reporting to this position, including HR administration.
- Be available for call outs and standby duties, when necessary.
- Any other related tasks as delegated by the Hospital Manager within the Hospital and its surrounds.
- Manage the maintenance equipment budgets.
- Maintain a comprehensive hospital maintenance management system.
- Negotiate with service providers, consultants, contractors for equipment / system specifications, tariffs, etc.
- Oversee any building projects in line with scope of practice.
- Qualifications should include a National Engineering Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Heavy Current.
- Previous hospital maintenance management experience will be an advantage
- Experience in dealing with people at a senior level.
- Knowledge of hospital procedures.
- Team player
- Proven employee management ability
- Must be willing to work according to the flexi-hour system.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to work independently and use initiative to achieve set objectives.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Ethical behaviour
- 013 653 8045
- 086 206 4672
- Closing date
- Friday, October 19, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.