EAP Wellness Champion
- East London
- EAP Wellness Champion
An exciting opportunity exists for an EAP Wellness Champion based at a large manufacturing company in East London.
The successful candidate will be part of a EAP team, responsible for the rendering of a quality on-site employee wellness service, which is effective and efficient, and meets and exceeds the customers’ expectations and requirements.
- Critical Outputs
- Serve as a resource to promote the EAP service offering;
- Educate employees through enhancing awareness on a range of health and psycho-social issues;
- Actively promote health and wellbeing awareness amongst employees through the coordination and implementation of wellness campaigns;
- Motivate positive behavioral change amongst the workforce;
- Facilitate formal and informal presentations and talks on various health and psycho-social issues;
- Activate support for employees requesting counselling, medical or legal interventions
- Maintain accurate and consistent records and reports;
- Ensure that information is shared with respect to best practice standards of ethical behaviour and confidentiality
- Maintain up to date knowledge on relevant health and psycho-social matters and available resources;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of client companies Service Level Agreements as well as internal systems, policies and procedures;
- Follow up and provide ongoing support to employees.
- Emotional consultation and counselling / debriefing in case of emergency / where appropriate
- Minimum Grade 12 qualification
- Relevant experience (g. providing support guidance, facilitating training or education to individuals and/or groups) will be an added advantage.
- A qualification in the Human Sciences Field (Psychology / Social Work / Nursing / Education) or Employee Wellness AND/OR a Certificate in Facilitation (SAQA unit standard 117871), or a certificate which consists of Assessor and Moderator will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (active listening, empathy).
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Sound written communication and report writing skills.
- Passion and enthusiasm for health and wellness.
- A non-judgmental approach.
- The ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- The ability to work flexibly within a high pressure environment.
- Good understanding of employee challenges and needs.
- Adherence to principles of confidentiality and integrity.
- Commitment to align with operational requirements of the business.
- Drive, energy & resilience
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Teamwork, building relationships & networking and influencing skills
- Business insight & customer responsiveness
- The ability to motivate and develop people
- Excellence orientation & ethical behaviour
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills (English & Xhosa)
- Closing date
- Friday, October 11, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.