- E-Learning Developer
- Head Office, JHB
- E-Learning Developer
Vacancies exists for two (2) Junior eLearning Developers, based at Life Healthcare Head Office within Life College of Learning, reporting to E-Learning Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of E-Learning related material for all training programmes across the Life Healthcare.
- Critical Outputs
Effective strategic vision and direction
- Support the operationalization of a comprehensive Technology Enabled Learning (TEL) strategy that support Life Healthcare (LHC) vision
- Be a catalyst for new and innovative concepts in the E-Learning domain
Effective delivery of TEL projects
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface, and the finished product
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games etc.)
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Analyse, update, and refine existing online content
- Train instructors, students, and employees in how to use learning technologies
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to write scripts for video and audio content
Effective collaboration with internal staff and external service providers to design, develop and deliver Technology Enabled Learning solutions or services
- Build and maintain excellent internal relationships with managers of departments and programme managers within LHC
- Build and maintain excellent consultative/advisory relationships with staff members across the business
- Develop and maintain a network of suitable consultants, partners, service providers and suppliers to provide strategic input and capacity to bolster the core E-Learning team in order to achieve the TEL strategy
- Work with business units to develop E-Learning programmes related to TEL-based solutions
Effective people development
- Organize E-Learning courses٫ workshops and other trainings
- Qualification in IT or Instructional Design, or appropriate field is advantageous
- Diploma/Certificate in education, multimedia design, graphic design, instructional design, or a related field in training development
- Suitable qualification, certifications, and/or evidence demonstrating deep competencies in technical areas such as: E-Learning, Learning Management Systems
- Experience in implementing, delivering and using educational technologies
- Ideally, experience in both corporate Learning and Development and Higher Education
- Current registration with the relevant professional authority where applicable
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
- Demonstrated proficiency developing eLearning curriculum, storyboards, online tutorials, assessments, and print-based materials.
- Experience with emerging tech trends for content creation (e.g. gamification, virtual reality, etc.)
- Knowledge of a range of education technology and digital solutions
- Skills in learning design in multiple formats such planning, content development, user preparation, facilitation and assessments
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Monday, November 8, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.