- Life New Kensington Clinic
A vacancy exists for a Dietician (8/8th) at the Acute Rehabilitation Unit at Life New Kensington Clinic, Johannesburg. Life New Kensington Rehabilitation is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within the Life Healthcare group. The successful candidate will start on the 1st of February 2021, and will report to the Therapy Unit manager (Mrs Danny Joelson)
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure ethical work procedures
- Assessment of all appropriate patients
- Ensure appropriate dietetic intervention as per patient requirements
- To assist in establishing therapy goals
- To assist in establishing and managing discharge planning
- To attend family meetings if needed Input into a daily therapy roster for individual patients
- To complete and provide progress reports on all patients, and participate in team meetings
- To provide patient and family education as required
- To ensure that patients receive the required resources and referral letters to continue with intervention after discharge
- Assist in training of staff/kitchen and students as required
- The minimum requirement for this position is a degree in Dietetics
- Experience in the rehabilitation field is of benefit; PEG, NGT feeds.
- Strong leadership qualities and interpersonal skills are required, as well as vision and tenacity to develop the rehabilitation function into a strategic advantage to the hospital
- Results orientation, attention to detail, patient focus and excellent interpersonal skills are very important for this position
- Problem-solving analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal and written communication and presentation
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- 011 538 4700
- 086 206 9105
- Closing date
- Friday, January 22, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.