- Head Office, JHB
- Data Scientist
Data Scientist, reporting to the Analytics Manager.
The successful candidate will be a key part of driving and embedding advanced analytics in the organisation. The role is responsible for extracting hidden insights from data that can inform strategic decisions using cutting-edge statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure that Life Healthcare can drive business value through predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Apply statistical and machine learning techniques to extract insights from structured and unstructured datasets to solve specific problems of business stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for additional value-adding insights from data analysis.
- Ongoing skills development and research into optimal techniques and solutions for analytical problems.
- Work effectively independently and as part of a team collectively to solve problems.
- Present insights in a compelling and actionable way.
- Deliver insights that enhance business and senior management views of the value of analytics to the organisation.
- Use business knowledge and data understanding to extract features from raw data that can improve machine learning models
- Ongoing monitoring of the performance of advanced analytic models
- Minimum Bachelors and preferably Honours-level degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics or a cognate analytical field, or other equivalent qualifications.
- 2+ years of experience in an analytics environment, using statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Commitment to continuous learning and sharpening of skills.
- Specific coding language experience (Python/R/SAS/SQL) would be an advantage
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding data architecture and pipelines and engaging effectively with the team responsible for ensuring that data delivery meets analytical needs.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
- Ability to translate complex analytical concepts into a digestible and understandable way for the business stakeholder.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Familiarity with relevant analytics tools, including big data solutions.
- Healthcare experience will be a strong advantage.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Analytical mindset
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Deadline driven
- Closing date
- Saturday, July 30, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only fully covid vaccinated external candidates will be considered.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.