- Head Office, JHB
- Data Analyst
Data Analyst, reporting to the Business Reporting Manager.
The successful candidate will be a key part of developing the reporting toolset and driving and embedding the value of business reporting and dashboards in the organisation. The role is responsible for extracting insights from data that can inform strategic decisions using cutting-edge reporting and dashboarding capabilities
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure that Life Healthcare can drive business value through descriptive analytics.
- Build reports and dashboards to extract insights from data to address specific information needs of business stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for additional value-adding insights from descriptive data analysis.
- Work effectively independently and as part of a team collectively to solve problems.
- Present insights in a compelling, actionable and visually attractive way.
- Deliver insights that enhance business and senior management views of the value of analytics to the organisation.
- Minimum Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics Relevant IT, Information Systems or Information Science NQF 7 equivalent qualification.
- 3+ years of experience in data environment, building reports and dashboards.
- Strong sense of the importance of narrative in telling data-driven stories.
- Ability to present insights in visually compelling ways.
- Commitment to continuous learning and sharpening of skills.
- Excellent understanding and command of SQL.
- Specific dashboard or reporting environment exposure (Qlik/PowerBI/Tableau) would be an advantage
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding data architecture and pipelines and engaging effectively with the team responsible for ensuring that data delivery meets analytical needs.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Healthcare experience will be a strong advantage.
- Ability to translate complex analytical concepts into a digestible and understandable way for the business stakeholder.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Analytical mindset
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Deadline driven
- Closing date
- Saturday, July 30, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only fully covid vaccinated external candidates will be considered.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.