CSSD Manager - Theatre
- Life Beacon Bay Hospital
- CSSD Manager - Theatre
A vacancy exists for a CSSD Manager, based at Life Beacon Bay Hospital, reporting Sally Perumaul, Theatre Unit Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the correct packing and sterilization of instrument sets and linen packs for theatre, hospital and doctors’ rooms in accordance with Company infection control standards.
- Critical Outputs
To ensure efficient organizing of department taking the following in consideration:
- Review and prepare action plan to reduce appropriately for cost effective use by theatre staff
- Managing staff performance and labour hours in CSSD including work flow.
- Maintenance of sterility records in CSSD. Checking and packing of sets of instruments.
- Maintaining all Health, Safety and Infection Control Standards.
- Supervising washing and care of instruments. Monitoring and controlling of stock.
- Managing and controlling of stock, instruments and maintenance of equipment including Autoclaves
- Managing and controlling of all loan instruments.
- Orientation of new staff in CSSD, care of all staff educational needs.
- Managing, monitoring and controlling of sufficient linen requirements in theatre and CSSD, including, greens, gowns, stretchers, blankets, Dr’s scrub suits etc.
- To ensure efficient utilization of non-recoverable stock items
- Must be qualified as a Registered nurse and be Registered with SANC.
- Must have at least 2 year experience in a theatre environment.
- Experience in a CSSD environment would be advantageous.
- Oversee workflow processes to ensure quality service delivery.
- Liase with theatre staff and SSD staff to ensure instruments are processed in timely manner.
- Energetic and able to work under pressure and must be able to work flexi hours.
- Ensure compliance to quality control processes and infection prevention processes.
- Respect patient and staff confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills, personal maturity.
- Experience in packing of equipment as specified by manufacturer.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and instruments and process around cleaning of equipment and instruments.
- Awareness of safety protocol to be able to identify unsafe practises.
- Adherence to safe standardised loading and unloading of autoclaves.
- Must ensure monthly on duties are compiled according to needs of the department and manage staff absenteeism.
- Ability to develop people.
- Good ethical behaviour.
- Maintain own clinical competencies through CPD and Essential competencies
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading my example (Key for Managers)
- Motivating and developing people(Key for Managers)
- Closing date
- Monday, July 26, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.