- Life Sports Science Orthopaedic Surgical Day Centre
- CSSD Assistant
A vacancy exists for a CSSD Assistant based at Life Sports Science Orthopaedic Surgical Day Centre, Cape Town reporting to the Unit Manager, Ms Z Dove. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the correct decontamination packing and sterilization of instrument sets for theatre and wards in accordance with Company infection control standards.
- Critical Outputs
- To prepare sufficient instrument sets conforming to company standards
- To ensure that used/contaminated instruments are checked and decontaminated according to hospital standards
- To ensure the correct application of sterile indicators and autoclave for maximum steam penetration
- To check and prepare sets for sterilization
- To control sufficient instrument sets
- To prepare sufficient linen sets conforming to company standards
- To conduct regular daily checks on linen levels and ensure there is sufficient linen available
- To ensure functional, maintained equipment according to legislative requirements
- Conduct chemical, biological and mechanical checks in accordance with manufacturers specifications
- Document test results
- Check and maintain heat sealing machine and clean washers in accordance with company specification
- Ensure timeous repair of all equipment malfunctions
- To ensure efficient utilization of non-recoverable stock items
- Review and prepare action plan to reduce appropriately for cost effective use by theatre staff
- Previous CSSD experience
- Training in the private hospital setting advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in packing of equipment
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Knowledge of medical terminology and instruments and process around cleaning of equipment
- Awareness of safety protocol
- Adherence to safe standardized loading and unloading of autoclaves
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Drive & energy, excellence orientation and ethical behavior
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Saturday, October 10, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.