CSSD Assistant Packer
- Life Springs Parkland Hospital
- CSSD Assistant Packer
A vacancy exists for a CSSD Assistant Packer, based at Life Springs Parkland Hospital reporting to Joy Van Niekerk, Unit Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the correct packing and sterilisation of instrument sets and linen packs for theatre and doctors’ rooms in accordance with Company infection control standards.
- Critical Outputs
To prepare sufficient instrument sets conforming to company standards
- To ensure the correct application of sterile indicators and autoclave for maximum steam penetration
- To check and prepare sets for sterilisation
- To control sufficient instrument sets
To prepare sufficient linen sets conforming to company standards
- To conduct regular daily checks on linen levels and ensure there is sufficient linen available
- Compile, sterilise and store linen packs and implement corrective action to problem areas
To ensure functional, maintained equipment according to legislative requirements
- Conduct chemical, biological and mechanical checks in accordance with manufacturers specifications
- Document test results
- Check and maintain heat sealing machine and clean washers in accordance with company specification
- Ensure timeous repair of all equipment malfunctions
- Ensure the full functioning and maintenance of the gas autoclave
To ensure efficient utilisation of non-recoverable stock items
- Review and prepare action plan to reduce appropriately for cost effective use by theatre staff
- CSSD experience and training in the private hospital setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in packing of equipment
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Knowledge of medical terminology and instruments and process around cleaning of equipment
- Awareness of safety protocol
- Adherence to safe standardised loading and unloading of autoclaves
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Joy.VanNiekerk@lifehealthcare.co.z a
- Closing date
- Friday, May 13, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.