CSSD Assistant - LSSOSDC
- Life Sports Science Orthopaedic Surgical Day Centre
- CSSD Assistant - LSSOSDC
A vacancy exists for a CSSD Assistant based at Life Sports Science Orthopaedic Surgical Day Centre (LSSOSDC), which is a Day Hospital Facility. The position reports to the 2IC, Zaida Dove. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the correct packing and sterilisation of instrument sets and linen packs for theatre and doctors’ rooms in accordance with Company infection control standards.
- Critical Outputs
- Assist and oversee safety checks in SSD
- Gathering stats for processing by SSD coordinator
- Planning of daily tasks according to theatre slates including ordering of linen, consumables, checking of loan sets and checking sterile stock to ensure it is adequate
- Gathering of supporting documents for processing of invoices by the CSSD Supervisor (LVPH).
- Report broken instruments and incomplete sets
- Operational duties such as coordinating washing of instruments, packing of sets (including loan sets), loading of autoclaves and assist troubleshooting SSD related queries in theatres
- CSSD experience and training in the private hospital setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in packing of equipment
- Must be able and willing to work flexible hours
- Knowledge of medical terminology and instruments and process around cleaning of equipment • Awareness of safety protocol
- Adherence to safe standardised loading and unloading of autoclaves
- Minimum qualification – matric - essential
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- 021 670 9920
- Closing date
- Friday, April 20, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.