COID and Private Clerk
- Life Anncron Hospital
- COID and Private Clerk
Position has become available for committed individual to join Life Anncron Hospital as COID and Private Clerk reporting to the Patient Services Manager, Anita Pretorius. Successful candidate will contribute to the effective managing of the COID and Private patients and become part of a professional team that continuously strife for the highest standards of quality in Life Healthcare.
- Critical Outputs
- Obtaining correct and complete COID documents from the patient’s employer: Employers report, Passports, certified copy ID, working permits, First medical report, progress report, Additional reports (if needed – e.g. re-opening, assault-, accident report etc.)
- Ensure all documents are in line with ISO9000
- Correct carriers to be used with each admission
- COID turnaround at hospital level: Admission date to scanning within 24 – 48 hours
- COID scanning to be done on daily basis, by making use of the electronic COID status report
- Accepted claims to be scanned weekly
- Accident screens: information on Accident screen to correspond with IOD(injury on Duty) and reports
- Ensure all accounts are followed up as per the working procedures
- High value accounts to be prioritized
- To be familiar with rules around injury on duty
- Ensure all documents submitted to Head Office have the appropriate notes
- Ensure correct documentation to be submitted to Head Office (e.g. theatre report, prostheses, etc)
- All elective cases without appropriate documents must be treated as private
- Ensure all cases older than 2 years must be admitted with re-opening letter – otherwise private
- All Non-Pure documentation to be scanned to Head Office: SAPS, FEM and Rand Mutual
- All exempted employers (excluding SAPS, RM and FEM) to be registered and submitted to necessary offices by COID clerk at hospital
- Follow up on exempted employers to be done on a bi-weekly basis
- Ensure correct process to be followed should necessary documents and/or file not be available/cannot be found for submission
- Registrations to be scanned through on a daily basis via Digi Life to Head Office (refer to electronic COID status report only first admission to be scanned
- All claim documents to be scanned through on a daily basis to Head Office for submission to COID offices
- Ensure documents not submitted within 30days are prioritized to get necessary information
- Ensure high value accounts are prioritized and submitted with all relevant documents
- Manage hospital DSO’s and cash in line with budget
- All elective cases to pay upfront
- For all private payments the pre-payment calculator must be used to determine the estimated cost of the procedure/visit
- Bill exceeds pre-payment, obtain funds from patient/family
- To be managed on a daily basis – “Private patient in Hospital” report to be checked on daily basis
- Hospital specific agreement: CUSTOM contracts to be managed
- Ensure correct documents obtained before refunds can be done for patients, doctors or other external service providers
- Recon of emergency room and doctors accounts
- Age analysis on doctor’s pharmacy account
- Anncron Handbacks
- Grade 12 Qualification and Computer proficiency – test could be performed.
- Strong customer service ethic and ability to work under pressure - multitask.
- Knowledge of Imeds and Impilo or COID advantageous.
- Reliable, motivated and hardworking.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be advantageous.
- Ability to travel.
- 086 677 5434
- Closing date
- Friday, September 13, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.